Call Us: +237 679 884 487

Historical Development of the CBC Womens' Union

The CBC Women’s  Union came officially into existence in 1957 but before then it was called “Kakane” a term for “fellowship of women” in the Bakweri language of what is now called the South West Region of Cameroon. A few women both nationals and missionary, over a cup of coffee conceived the idea. On inception the name CBC Women’s Union was accepted to cut across the territories in Cameroon. It was by Gods grace the first wing of the CBC to be formed and was quickly accepted and encouraged by the authorities.

The wing has had as an integral part of it from inception, ministry arms to the girl child and children under the appellation 3H, and CNLC respectively.  The women through the years in their desire to do God’s will and further His kingdom in their local communities have concertedly laboured with sister missionaries, while seeking advice, support, and sustenance from them. With numerical and spiritual growth through the years, the awareness that two third of the Church local is made of women, is humbling the women more to be in Gods will; to wisely use and develop their gifts and talents and fulfill their calling.

The membership which started with five hundred women stands at a little above twenty five thousand cuts across women of all works and levels of life with ninety percent within the below middle class level. Not withstanding, the growing awareness of their Source and who they are in Christ Jesus, moves the women to see God doing the impossible through them and other sisters as they network.